Re: Some info given by 'mdadm --detail --export' are not convenient to use

Hi
If i can give my thoughts
I like the idea of having a MD device list
But I also think the francis's idea is good and for the spare you
could enumerate with letter ?

we could get :

MD_DEVICES=4
MD_DEVICE_LIST=loop0p1 loop1p1 loop2p1 loop3p1
MD_DEVICE_DEV_1=/dev/loop0p1
MD_DEVICE_ROLE_1=0
MD_DEVICE_DEV_2=/dev/loop1p1
MD_DEVICE_ROLE_2=1
MD_DEVICE_DEV_3=/dev/loop2p1
MD_DEVICE_ROLE_3=2
MD_DEVICE_DEV_A=/dev/loop3p1
MD_DEVICE_ROLE_A=spare

like that it's really easy to parse what ever you need :-)

or maybe just continue normal increment since we have the role...

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 4:22 AM, Francis Moreau <francis.moro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 04/12/2014 01:43 AM, NeilBrown wrote:
>> On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 13:01:49 +0200 Francis Moreau <francis.moro@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm writing a tool that relies udev lib in order to manage block
>>> devices connected to my computer.
>>>
>>> One thing that I need is to retrieve disks contained by a RAID array.
>>>
>>> The current usefull information exported by udev are, for example:
>>>
>>> MD_DEVICES=3
>>> MD_DEVICE_loop0p1_DEV=/dev/loop0p1
>>> MD_DEVICE_loop0p1_ROLE=0
>>> MD_DEVICE_loop1p1_DEV=/dev/loop1p1