From: Manibalan P
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2014 6:46 PM
To: 'linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Cc: neilb@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: raid6 - data integrity issue - data mis-compare on
rebuilding RAID 6 - with 100 Mb resync speed.

Hi,

I have performed the following tests to narrow down the integrity issue.

1. RAID 6, single drive failure - NO ISSUE
	a. Running IO
	b. mdadm set faulty and remove a drive
	c. mdadm add the drive back
 There is no mis-compare happen in this path.

2. RAID 6, two drive failure - write during Degrade and verify after
rebuild
	a. remove two drives, to make the RAID array degraded.
	b. now run write IO write cycle, wait till the write cycle
completes
	c. insert the drives back one by one, and wait till the re-build
completes and a RAID array become optimal.
	d. now perform the verification cycle.
There is no mis-compare happened in this path also.

During All my test, the sync_Speed_max and min is set to 100Mb

So, as you referred in your previous mail, the corruption might be
happening only during resync and IO happens in parallel.

Also, I tested with upstream 2.6.32 kernel from git:
"http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/ -
tags/v2.6.32"
	And I am facing mis-compare issue in this kernel as well.  on
RAID 6, two drive failure with high sync_speed.

Thanks,
Manibalan.