RAID5 hard freeze

Hi all

I am struggling to diagnose a strange freeze of software RAID5 array.
My RAID5 consists of 4 Toshiba SATA drives and has ext4 filesystem on top of it.

It works fine unless I start several process writing intensively to it.
At first, it looks like the system is under high pressure, then the
system starts lagging a lot and a hard freeze always follows after
several minutes.

No errors in system log, nothing is emitted to console. Just hard
freeze with HDD light always on. I tried enabling kernel network
logging to another machine and again no information when hanging.
After reboot, my array starts reconstruction and finishes without
errors.

I tried disabling quotas and barriers for ext4.
After disabling barriers, it almost seemed to work, but after some
time the same hard freeze happens.

I tested the same hardware configuration under Linux v3.10, 3.11, 3.12
and now 3.13.5 (all x86 arch) behaves the same way. The same issue can
be reproduced easily.

So now I tested everything Google suggests on the matter.
Could you give a hint on how to debug this issue?

BR,
Denis