From: "Phil Turmel" <philip@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Justin Stephenson" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 10/02/2014 12:53:31 PM
Subject: Re: Reassemble Raid 6

On 02/10/2014 11:48 AM, Justin Stephenson wrote:
 Hello,

 I have reviewed the Linux Raid Wiki regarding rebuilding and it
 recommended writing a note to the list.

I am running an mdadm raid on CENTOS 6.5 with 6 disks in a Raid 6 off of
 my motherboard's SATA controller.

 I added a 7th disk as a spare.

When I rebooted the raid after adding the spare, it would not mount and
 the OS would only boot into recovery mode. I changed my fsck file to
 exclude the raid and can now boot into the GUI.

I have tried to reassemble the array using --assemble and I get the the
 following message:

 mdadm: we match both /dev/md/BigBlue:0 and /dev/md0 - cannot decide
 which to use.

Please show the output of your mdadm.conf file, and the complete command
you used to assemble with. Add "-v" to it to show more information.

{There's nothing wrong with your array, just conflicting info in your
configuration file.}

Phil