Re: looking for advice on raid0+raid5 array recovery with mdadm and sector offset

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 16:43:38 -0500 den Hoog <speedyden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Neil,
>
> thanks again for spending time on this when you're already swamped, I
> appreciate it much
>
> the commands look logical for my setup (just a type on the chunk size,
> needs tobe capital K)
> I did not dare to fire off the last command last time, but as missing
> seems to be available for imsm, I re-processed all of the commands
> again
>
> the Raid0 is created without any trouble (only stating it is already
> part of an array, confirmed with Y), but the raid5 array won't.
> After it also stated sdc sdd sde are part of an array, and confirming
> with Y for the create, it gives the following:
>
> "mdadm: unable to add 'missing' disk to container"
> I'm using mdadm - v3.2.6 - 25th October 2012.
> Could it be the 3.2.6 does not support missing for imsm?

That's weird.  I'm sure I tested it yesterday and it worked.
Today it doesn't in exactly the way you describe.
I'll have a poke and see what is happening.

Support for 'missing' with mdadm was supposedly added in 3.2.3...

NeilBrown