Re: problems with block sizes in raid 5

And another interesting (and perhaps block size related) issue:

I have one of the old drives which seems to work (I can format it and
mount it etc), but when I try to add it to the array (to sync it up
and remove the new drives, and -hopefully- get a new array with 1024
block size), md says "Drive failure" the moment it starts to sync.

Can this be because the drive has a different block size (1024) than
the array (4096)? If so, how can the array even assemble with three
1024 block size drives and one 4096 block size?

My brain hurts,
Martin