Re: RAID6 reshape integer problem

Had I seen this thread earlier... I would probably have responded that no, AFAIR it is not safe to reboot while reshaping (!)

In fact i seem to recall that there was a very serious known problem during pivot_root , which is at the end of initramfs. A reshape in progress through that point would cause data loss. So the array could only be assembled after that point, so you had to modify initrd or use a livecd so to be sure that it wouldn't find/assemble the array at the early stages of boot. This is what I seem to remember.

However by looking for details on such problem everywhere, I am not anymore able to find any reference.
Does anybody recall this problem?

Thanks
J.