Re: [RFC v2 0/2] New RAID library supporting up to six parities

Andrea,
   As others have said it looks interesting. Thanks for the efforts.

   Question: As an end-user type who currently uses mdadm RAID6, if I
wanted to set up a dedicated machine to do some SnapRAID testing then
what's the minimum disk hardware I'd need assuming Linux is just on
it's own disk?

1) 1 drive for Linux
2) 4 (or possibly 3) drives for a SnapRAID RAID6 device?
3) 3 drives for a SnapRAID RAID5 device? (If RAID5 can even use
SnapRAID. Not sure it can)

   Are there any known issues using both mdadm and SnapRAID devices in
the same system? Again, I don't care if there are and the machine dies
a brutal death (which I doubt from your announcement) but just asking.

Cheers,
Mark