Re: 'resync=PENDING', 'auto-read-only' on raid1 creation

On Sat, 2014-01-04 at 11:38 -0500, Phil Turmel wrote:

> "auto-read-only" is a safety measure that prevents any writes to an
> array until something in the data area is written.  I don't remember the
> rules MD uses to determine if any given assemble/create operation
> qualifies, but it isn't an error.

That explains an issue I had when creating a brand new raid6 and it
failed to start a sync as I expected it to... I probably went round the
house to "fix" it and ended up using a "missing" then adding the missing
drive which started the sync.

I guess its one of the problems, that isn't, that "just happens" when
you start to keep too close an eye on things, such as a "watch
proc/mdstat" in another window where as before I probably would have
just created it, added a file system, and been none the wiser :-/