Re: How to prefer some devices over others in raid

My main concern is that I'm not always 100% sure if a certain drive is
the root cause of slow read performance, so failing a wrong one would
have terrible consequences. On the other hand, if it was possible to
say "read the data with pretending one drive has failed, but write to
the array as if all drives are ok", then I could actually find out if
copying speed reverts to normal.

Maybe I should write a kernel patch to try this out. Any suggestions
where to start?

Tomas M