Re: Is it possible to create a raid from/over other raids?

md's ability to make arrays from partitions offers users great
flexibility, while simultaneously providing the novice enough rope to
tie his own noose...

You could have done worse.  I've read of cases of people making a RAID10
by taking two disks, laying two partitions on each, creating an md/RAID0
across the two partitions on one disk, then making a RAID1 across the
stripes.  50+ posts later, the members of that forum were finally able
to convince the guy why it wasn't working the way he envisioned...