Multiple SSDs - RAID-1, -10, or stacked? TRIM?

Hello,

Due to increasing load of random read IOPS I am considering using 8
SSDs and md in my next server, instead of 8 SATA HDDs with
battery-backed hardware RAID. I am thinking of using Crucial m500s.

Are there any gotchas to be aware of? I haven't much experience with
SSDs.

If these were normal HDDs then (aside from small partitions for
/boot) I'd just RAID-10 for the main bulk of the storage. Is there
any reason not to do that with SSDs currently?

I think I read somewhere that offline TRIM is only supported by md
for RAID-1, is that correct? If so, should I be finding a way to use
four pairs of RAID-1s, or does it not matter?

Any insights appreciated.

Cheers,
Andy