Re: Help with data recovery - RAID6 with 2 failed drives and another with broken sectors

On 07.10.2013 00:15, Phil Turmel wrote:
No, just fix the timeouts.  Otherwise, you'll be kicking drives out
*way*  more often than you think.

Ah! Now I've actually read through some of the finds (and found dozens of instances where you recommend the same - you *should* have a dime for every time you mention that to people), I'm happy to report that just one of my drives (at least from what they claim) does not support scterc - the rest just had it disabled... This is fixed now, and a brand new udev rule should take care of the timeout for the other drive. This should make my array way more stable - thank you so much!

Do check your smartctl reports for actual relocations, though.  In my
experience, once you pass single digits, further failures are rapid.

Smartd is notifying me of all such - and since most of the drives are still under warranty - I replace them as soon as possible when they start to show up bad blocks.

Again, thank you Phil for your patience.
--
Michał (Saviq) Sawicz <michal@xxxxxxxxxx>