Implementing --detail-platform for DDF

Hi Neil,

I thought I might come up with an implementation of mdadm
--detail-platform for DDF, but I encountered a problem I'd like to discuss.

For DDF, we can't scan PCI devices like IMSM does, because we don't know
all controllers supporting DDF. Thus I considered scanning block devices
instead and looking at "foreign" vendor strings in the meta data;
possibly also filtering by device names or types. It occured to me that
it might be elegant to simply call conf_get_devs() for a list of devices
to be scanned. But if I do that, config.o and its dependencies must be
linked with mdmon, blowing up its size considerably. I figure that
that's a no-go. But I'm also reluctant to write my own DDF-specific
block device scanning code while there is conf_get_devs() already.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the purpose of --detail-platform?
I wouldn't bother with it if YaST2/libstorage didn't call it in order to
check if a "fake RAID" platform is present.

Regards
Martin