Re: Help creating filesystem (xfs) and partitioning

Roberto Spadim wrote:
ok =] in other words no problem about performace loss, just use one
xfs per disk, right?
the second doubt... i was thinking about /boot /home and /, in the
same partition, should i consider other design? a /boot with ext2 or
ext3 and a / with xfs?

i'm considering only one partition with swap and one partition with
raid1+xfs, what you think?
in a crash (power failure) i will have better rescure with only one
partition? or many partitions?

I would create a /boot partition, root partition, and swap partition on each drive and make rais1 to create three devices, with two filesystem, /boot and root. My thought is that you rarely change /boot, and that MUST work to get the system up, so put it by itself. Also, I'm pretty sure you want ext on the boot filesystem, if for no other reason than the code in grub being better tested booting from that than any other. I will let someone who is more expert in xfs than I discuss any questions you have, boot issues may be urban myth, but I see no benefit to using anything else.

Note that I have no solid evidence the other than ext for /boot causes problems, but years of trouble free with ext3.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
  "'Nothing to hide' does not imply 'nothing to fear'"