question about the best suited RAID level/layout

Hi.

I'm setting up a 5-bay NAS (based on a QNAP device), with my personal
Debian on it, currently using only 4 devices though
The focus is absolutely on data security/resilience,... and not at all
on performance.

For that reasons, I bought 4 different (i.e. different vendors)
enterprise SATA HDDs, well actually only three since three different and
on type twice aren't that much vendors left, with the intention that, if
there are flaws in the firmware or a production series, I'm hopefully
not hit at all devices.

Now questions comes, which RAID level to use, and I guess with the main
focus on resilience there's only basically these options:

1) RAID1 with all disks mirrored (i.e. 4 copies of each chunk)
I don't want that,... while it's the most secure one... it costs too
many disks (I'd like to have two of them usable, i.e. 2x 4TB)

2) RAID1+0
AFAIU, its in every way (subtle) worse than RAID10, so no choice?

3) RAID0+1
AFAIU, it has higher probability to get the RAID broken...
See e.g. http://aput.net/~jheiss/raid10/
btw: Questions is... is that really true? Sure, the mdadm will think
that a 0+1 might be broken... but the data may be still _completely_ in
it... and one just has to manually get it out?!

4) RAID6 vs. RAID10
I would have tended to RAID6, since I think it's more secure, as _ANY_
two disks may fail,... and not just two disks of the different RAID1
sets within it.
And things would be probably easier, when I ever start to use the 5th
bay...

Any pro/contra arguments?

What about the layout options for RAID6 (if that would be THE choice)?

Some more general questions in an extra mail few minutes from now :)

Thanks so far,
Chris.