Re: sas driver lockup during raid reshape. recoverable?

Hi Claude,

I can't speak to any data loss as I don't know the answer.

One observation however. With 7 disks in a RAID-5 and a hotspare(?),
you really should be looking into RAID-6. It'll use that spare drive
but be a lot safer.

Hot Spares only get pulled into an array on drive failure, triggering
a full rebuild. That leaves your entire array vulnerable until the
rebuild finishes. With RAID-6, that spare is already part of the array
so a single disk failure anywhere won't leave your array vulnerable
while you replace the broken disk.

Just my $0.02.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie

"This started out as a hobby and spun horribly out of control."
-Unknown