Re: "Missing" RAID devices

Hi,

Thanks for pointing out the initramfs problem.  I guess I should have
figured that out myself, since I've had to update initramfs in the
past, but it just totally slipped my mind.  And the strange device
numbering just threw me complete off track.

As far as how the devices got numbered that way in the first place, I
really don't know.  I assembled them and that is how it came out.
Since I was initially doing this to learn about SW RAID, I'm sure that
I made a rookie mistake or two along the way.

The reason that there are so many filesystems is that I wanted to try
to minimize any loss if one of them got corrupted.  Maybe it isn't the
best way to do it, but it made sense to me at the time.  I am more
than open to suggestions.

When I started doing this to better understand SW RAID, I wanted to
make things as simple as possible so I didn't use the LVM.  That and
it didn't seem like I would gain much by using it.  Al I need is
simple RAID1 devices I never planned on changing the layout other than
maybe increasing the size of the disks.  Maybe that flies in the face
of 'best practices', since you can be sure what your future needs
would be.  How would you suggest I set things up if I did use LVs?

/boot and / are on a separate disk on RAID1 devices with 1.x
superblocks.  At the moment, they are the only thing that aren't
giving me a problem :-)

Many thanks,

JIm