Re: Failed during rebuild (raid5)

After watching endless threads about RAID5 arrays losing a disk, and
then losing a second during the rebuild, I wonder if it would make
sense to:

- have MD automatically increase all disk timeouts when doing a
  rebuild.  The idea being that we are more tolerant of a bad sector
  when rebuilding?  The idea would be to NOT just evict disks when in
  potentially bad situations without trying really hard.

- Automatically setup an automatic scrub of the array that happens
  weekly unless you explicitly turn it off.  This would possibly
  require changes from the distros, but if it could be made a core
  part of MD so that all the blocks in the array get read each week,
  that would help with silent failures.

We've got all these compute cycles kicking around that could be used
to make things even more reliable, we should be using them in some
smart way.

John