Re: Incredibly poor performance of mdraid-1 with 2 SSD Samsung 840 PRO

On 4/24/2013 4:46 PM, Andrei Banu wrote:

> 1. How can I at least start trying to find the daemon that might be
> doing this?

For you, I'd say grab a bucket of popcorn and watch top and iotop for a
while during peak use periods.  Fire up two ssh sessions and watch both
simultaneously, left and right on your screen.  You need to become
familiar with your system, what the applications are doing to cpu, mem,
and io.

When you're not doing that, use Google.  Start reading about problems
others have with "[jbd2/]" and/or super slow performance with very fast
SSDs.

> 2. I am not sure what real time TRIM is. I thought there was the
> 'discard' option in
> fstab (which I tried and didn't help) and other command like trims

discard = realtime trim

If it's not enabled then this isn't the source of your problem.

> I am not really sure where do I go from here. I am a bit lost as it
> seems we hit
> a dead end.

There's only so much we can do.  The problem appears to have nothing to
do with md/RAID.  I'm doing my best to point you in the right
direction(s), but I'm neither a CentOS nor EXT4 user and am not familiar
with those ecosystems nor support channels.

You need to research your problem via Google, interface with other
CentOS users and others using the same type of cpanel based hosting
software stack.

If I had access to the box I'm sure I could figure this out for you, but
this isn't something I'm willing to do at this time.

Keep at it and you'll eventually figure it out.  And you'll learn a lot
along the way.

Best of luck.

--
Stan