Re: MD does not wait for drives on start-up with kernels 3.8+

In similar situation (but on 2.6.2x kernels i AFAIR, with scsi drives)
I've used rootdelay param -
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2012/01/msg00748.html to make md
assembly succeed. Hope this will help you too.

P.S. to Neil B.
Just wondering why md prints something like "md: md0 stopped" - why it
is stopped without being started, this confuses me all the time? Is
this message just to indicate that array isn't assembled, not started?
If so, I'd suggest to change it to something like:
"md: md0 is in stopped state"

--
Best regards,
[COOLCOLD-RIPN]