Re: Western Digital Green 3TB SATA3 experiences

The problem is the shop, or the transport, almost certainly not the model of drives...

On 03/20/13 13:40, Rainer Fügenstein wrote:
andris,

yes, I had such a situation before. IIRC 4 out of 6 3TB WD caviar
green drives were broken (3 more or less DoA, 1 failed after about 2
months). sent those 4 back via RMA, the replacement drives work
without problems (knocking on wood).

looks like they had a (big) bad batch manufactured and are now sending
out proper ones as RMA replacements.

nevertheless, next time I'll use WD RED drives, as recommended here
frequently.

cu