Re: Slow RAID 5 performance all of a sudden

On 26/02/2013 8:24 AM, Divan Santana wrote:
On 02/25/2013 10:48 PM, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
anything in dmesg or system log that gives a hint?
Unfortunately not. I've checked it thoroughly.
Next step may just have to be a reload. Not sure what caused this or
that a reload will fix it.

Either way it seems it may have to be the next step in troubleshooting
this as I'm running out of ideas.

I had this recently and it turned out to be the PCIe controller dropping its IRQ and going into some kind of fallback mode. When this was happening, I'd be lucky to get 5-10Mb/sec read speed off the array instead of the normal 100+Mb/sec.

Interestingly, the only thing I needed to do was relocate the card to another slot and it hasn't happened since.

Don't just limit your search to md related stuff, check IRQs etc as well. /proc/interrupts is a good start - maybe if you do use a card for drives, try to not share IRQs between the card and other equipment...

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz@xxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.crc.id.au