Re: Possible to rescue SW Raid5 with 2 missing Disks

> > Hello,
> > sorry for pushing, but any further doing to rescue the raid? sorry
> > but the system didnt run since Dec...
>
> I still think you are at the point where duplicating your original
> disks
> onto backups so you can try the combinations I identified is the only
> *safe* way forward. But only *safe* in the sense that if your first
> combination doesn't work, you can copy back and try another
> combination.
>
> I've yet to see any indication that the moosefs on top of your broken
> ext4 fs is likely to be saved.
>
> You should post the links to the "fsck -n" results of creating the
> array
> in the six combinations I had you try.
>
> You should also repost the output of mdadm -D and mdadm -E from the
> original array that you shared with me on Dec 17.

IMHO you should be using ddrescue (preferalbly the one from GNU) to copy the disks onto new disks (at least the faulty ones). Do this first, since additional access may result in more data loss. After doing that, use the new drives for recovery, since they will (hopefully) not be throwing errors. Working live on bad drives isn't something I would recommend.
--
Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--