Re: RAID performance

On 08/02/13 14:32, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> 6.  And number of kernel tuning issues on the W2K DC guest causing
>     network and/or iSCSI IO issues, memory allocation problems, pagefile
>     problems, etc.

I forgot to mention something else under consideration here... I recall
an older windows 2003 VM which was running service pack 2 being very
slow under xen, and the solution was to upgrade to service pack 4 (from
the xen mailing list, advised there was something windows did to make
xen very in-efficient pre sp4). I don't recall if this applied to
win2000, but I will probably upgrade the win2k DC to windows 2003
service pack 4 over the coming weekend (depending on approval/etc).
AFAIK, this should be a fairly painless upgrade, and is definitely
something I want to get done anyway.

I'd still like to focus on running some tests to ensure the system is
working properly, and/or find the issues in the other parts and resolve them

Thank you to everyone who has offered any suggestions or advice so far.

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev