Re: recommended way to add ssd cache to mdraid array

On 1/11/2013 12:51 PM, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:

>> It's not but as Stan writes it may not be preferred for your application.
>
> Hm, ok, it is in my mount line, so I'll try it with that off. Though I would
> be interested in hearing from Stan why it may not be good.

You should not do this.  This parameter is not a toggle switch intended
to be flipped on/off at will, but changed only once and left there.

Never change XFS parameters willy-nilly without knowing the
consequences.  And currently you certainly do not know them.

I don't have time for the detailed explanation.  Ask on the XFS list.

--
Stan