Re: possibly silly configuration question

Adam Goryachev wrote:
On 28/12/12 03:02, Miles Fidelman wrote:
Adam,

Thanks for the suggestions.  The thing I'm worried about is how much
traffic gets generated as I start wiring together more complex
configurations, and the kind of performance hits involved
(particularly if a node goes down and things start getting re-syncd).

With my suggested config, I'd put 2 x Gb ethernet from each machine on
one vlan, and the other two from each to the network. (Actually, what is
you're bandwidth to the end user? If these are Internet services, you
probably don't need 2 x Gb connections, so use 3Gb for the storage, and
1Gb for the end user facing network).

Yup. I have 4 gigE ports on each box - so I was thinking 2 for storage, 2 for outside - giving me full redundancy (I have two separate outside connections for the cluster).

Do you actually know what the workload will be ?

Not really. I have a mix of production email/listserv/web/database on one VM (relatively low load), a backup server on a second VM, and the rest of the cluster is used for a mix of development and test for some new service development. Short term, load will be low, but could start spiking quickly. My other task is designing for rapid expansion - first through AWS, then through more hardware.

Thanks Again,

Miles