Re: failed raid re-create changed dev size

Quoting "Robin Hill" <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>>> By default fsck will just check whether the filesystem is marked as
>>> dirty/clean and just skip running if it's clean. You'll need to use "-f"
>>> to force it to run.
>>
>> It seems that something got damaged. I have several traces as shown
>> below in dmesg.
>>
>> Tried to run "fsck -f -n" but it looks that it will take several month
>> on this 15TB fs with billion files.
>> Any ideas?
>>
> Sorry, no. You've got a corrupted filesystem and fsck is the tool to fix
> that. If you're certain that the array is now set up correctly (which it
> probably is if LUKS is able to map it okay), then you can skip the "-n"
> pass and proceed straight to repair. Depending on memory, you may also
> want to look into setting up scratch_files in e2fsck.conf as it can suck
> up a lot of memory for large filesystems. You may also want to look into
> moving to ext4 once you've got the filesystem fixed - fsck times should
> be much lower than with ext3.

Thank you for suggestions!
fsck finished sooner than I thought. :)
Very interesting. Turns out that this raid recreation with wrong offset did not damage underlying file system?

# fsck -f -n /dev/mapper/data
fsck from util-linux 2.20.1
e2fsck 1.42 (29-Nov-2011)
Pass 2: Checking directory structure
Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
Pass 4: Checking reference counts
Pass 5: Checking group summary information
/dev/mapper/data: 121432484/457854976 files (0.1% non-contiguous), 2827329571/3662830720 blocks