Re: problem with raid after reboot

Hi Mathieu,

On 12/09/2012 11:13 PM, bobzer wrote:
> hi had to reboot my raid 5 server. but now it doesnt't want to
> reassemble correctly
>
> i have a raid 5 of 3 disk and a lvm on top of that. i know my data are
> there but i'm afraid of enter the dead command :-)
>
> so here is the information about my raid, if someone could help or
> explain me something or just give a clue to follow.
> i remember that, this already happend to me ... exactly the same but i
> don't remember how i did (promes that this time right everything down)
> because it's already happend i'm afraid there is a bigger problem in my raid...
>
> help me please :-)

It looks like the superblocks didn't get updated together due to your
improper reboot.  (Event counts don't match.)

I suggest you stop the array and reassemble with "--force", like so:

mdadm --stop /dev/md0
mdadm --assemble --force /dev/md0 /dev/sd[bcd]1

The "--force" option will instruct mdadm to ignore the event count mismatch.

You probably want to investigate why your array wasn't properly stopped
during shutdown.

HTH,

Phil