Re: Suggestion for hot-replace

> Hello, personally I would vote for an option to rotate spares into and
> array
> like Peter suggests, keeping a drive idle doesn't guarrantee that it's
> actually operational.

Only problem with this, is if you do it frequently, it'll degrade performance.

Btw, is there a way to replace a drive without failing one? In RAID-5, a common issue is to have a failed drive and then find bad sectors on another. In this setting (and possibly others), it'd be good to have md replace the drive while still active (like what can be done in ZFS).

--
Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--