Re: Raid over USB disks and eject

Hi!

You could setup a cron job that will pause the resync by writing to sysfs:

If your array if "md0":

echo "idle" > /sys/block/md0/md/sync_action

However, this is probably not necessary as the resynced stripes will be marked in the bitmap, meaning that if your rebuild fails, re-assembling the array should restart the resync from where it stopped.

Regards,
Ben.