Dead three-disk RAID-5. Help?

I'm currently highly suspicious that I executed the wrong command in
the wrong window -- which would mean that I blew away the partition
table, and fsck'd the new partitions, on /dev/sda.  Which
theoretically leaves me with /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc, no?  Except that
when I try to access them, it won't allow me to create the array.  If
I try the whole thing, it either tells me there's no partition table
on /dev/md0, or that it can't find the superblock on /dev/md0.

Any pointers on where to go from here would be very much appreciated
-- as (of course) the irony is that the system I *meant* to be
fsck'ing was intended to back up the original system.

Thank you kindly,

-Ken