Re: CentOS 6.2 on partition able RAID1 (md_d0) - kernel panic with either disk not present

On 03/10/2012 12:17, Arun Khan wrote:
I had posted the following in the CentOS General mailing list but the
problem remains unresolved.

Here is the link to the CentOS thread:
<http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2012-June/126927.html>

I am posting it here in the hope that some one will be able to help me
pinpoint the "gotcha" and fix it.

In case you are able to help, please read all the postings in the
above thread, to see what others have suggested and what I have
already tried, so as to avoid repetition of questions and answers.

Please post the full output of
  cat /proc/mdstat
  cat /etc/mdadm.conf
  mdadm -Evvs
  file -s /dev/sda
  file -s /dev/sda1
  file -s /dev/sdb
  file -s /dev/sdb1
  cat /etc/grub/grub.conf
(from inside the running VM, obviously).

I have to say I don't like the wiki article you quoted as a method of installation, but let's see if we can fix it before starting out doing it another way.

In addition, you probably ought to be testing on bare metal similar to your future production box.

Cheers,

John.