Hello,Re: GPT Table broken on a Raid1

Hello,

Am Samstag, 22. September 2012, 12:30:28 schrieb Chris Murphy:
> On Sep 22, 2012, at 2:37 AM, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> > But I mean I have read in the changelog from parted 3.1, it is a Raid(1)
> > GPT Error Bug corrected ?
>
> I don't think this is related to parted, honestly. Did you partition sda and
> sdb before you created the RAID container? I think the problem is that the
> IMSM metadata has stepped on the GPT secondary partition at the end of the
> sda and sdb, that's what you original post indicates.
>
> I could be wrong but it seems like the problem is that sda and sdb shouldn't
> even have a GPT in the first place, they should just be treated as raw
> physical devices for Intel Raid to take over, and you'd only create a GPT
> for the virtual device (the array) within. If correct, the way to get rid
> of the kernel GPT error messages would be to remove the unnecessary GPT
> structures from sda and sdb, leaving only the IMSM metadata intact.

My steps to install a computer with dualboot, but I can also install Linux
alone with the same result.

I create the Array's with the on board BIOS run indexing the I run a Tool most
"diskpart" (dualboot) to create a GPT Table.

Install method is EFI.

afterward I install win7

The next step is to install a Linux (most openSUSE)

or

Install Linux on a BIOS created Array (Raid1 or Raid10) for a Server

create a GPT Table

the result are the same.

OK, the system is running but never start parted or a other tool and say to
anything yes, then you have a destroyed system :(.

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best Regards.

  Günther J. Niederwimmer