Re: md raid behavior, bad sector uncorrectable read error

>From what I know (and please correct me if I'm wrong), the drive
happily remaps the sector to a different, spare, location. Only when
it can't do that it throws an error status back. Mind you, more than
10 years ago I had a scsi disk in a linux machine which suddenly broke
down. Checking the logs I saw a lot of remap messages in the log in
the weeks before. So it maybe that the drive gives warnings back up
the controller chain.
If this is true, what is md doing with this? If the remaps increase on
that particular drive does i throw it out of the raid set?

Curious on what actually happens, interesting question.

Just my two cents,

Albert