Re: Experience of LSI MegaRAID 9260CV?

 It works. It has both a capacitor and flash memory, the idea being
that you won't have battery maintenance. The capacitor has enough
juice to dump the RAM cache to flash during an outage and is far more
heat resistant and more stable as far as reliably holding a charge.
Adaptec has been doing it longer with their Zero Maintenance flash
modules, I believe they introduced the technology to the market, but
at the moment LSI has the performance lead if you're using hardware
RAID. That might change in a month or two when Adaptec's quad-core 7
series comes out.

 LSI's MegaCli utility is a pain to work with compared to twcli, but
I've been told that they are on the verge of releasing a better
'megaware' cli that mimics twcli and is thus more user friendly.