Re: persistent removed MD referrence on reboot

Thanks for the quick response.

I did "dd -if=/dev/zero -of=/dev/sdc" and modified the the partition to 83.

Today I followed your advice to investigate initrd. I deleted all the
ARRAY specs from /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf (they were
from the time of installing 12-4, including the md2 ARRAY), wrote the
new initrd, and rebooted.

The reference to md2 went away, but now I see
======================
$ cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5]
[raid4] [raid10]
md127 : inactive sdc[1](S)
      488385560 blocks super 1.2

unused devices: <none>
======================

I will repeat after "rm -rf /etc/mdadm" from the initrd dir tree. If
that does not work I will probably just reinstall 12-4. I hate to do
all the config again, but I've burned too many hours on this already.
There are no superblocks left so I hope to get a clean start.

n.b. md127 seems to be the default array, but still sdc is identified.
There must be more info buried in the initrd.

Thanks for the good advice, but I am still missing something.

Skip

--
Skip Coombe
skip.coombe@xxxxxxxxx