Re: tests/03r5assemV1 issues

On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 15:24:43 +0200 Jes Sorensen <Jes.Sorensen@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> I am trying to get the test suite stable on RHEL, but I see a lot of
> failures in 03r5assemV1, in particular between these two cases:
>
> mdadm -A $md1 -u $uuid $devlist
> check state U_U
> eval $tst
>
> mdadm -A $md1 --name=one $devlist
> check state U_U
> check spares 1
> eval $tst
>
> I have tested it with the latest upstream kernel as well and see the
> same problems. I suspect it is simply the box that is too fast, ending
> up with the raid check completing inbetween the two test cases?
>
> Are you seeing the same thing there? I tried playing with the max speed
> variable but it doesn't really seem to make any difference.
>
> Any ideas for what we can be done to make this case more resilient to
> false positives? I guess one option would be to re-create the array
> inbetween each test?
>
> Cheers,
> Jes

Maybe it really is a bug?
The test harness set the resync speed to be very slow.  A fast box will get
through the test more quickly and be more likely to see the array still
syncing.

I'll try to make time to look more closely.
But I wouldn't discount the possibility that the second "mdadm -A" is
short-circuiting the recovery somehow.

thanks,
NeilBrown