Re: Software RAID checksum performance on 24 disks not even close to kernel reported

That's my thought. The checksumming speed doesn't remain static
regardless of what's being checksummed.  If I want to calculate double
parity on a stripe that spans 30 disks I'd expect that to be more CPU
intensive than calculating double parity on a 3 disk stripe.