Re: Raid5 Array stopped suddenly, no apparent error messages.

John,

Your intuition was right on. The log shows that the ESATA link went down
around 2:40 PM. The kernel brought it back up, had problems, slowed it
to 1.5Gb/sec and then started chasing its own tail. I got a few Temp
Celsius and read error rate change messages during the ordeal.

mdadm -A --force /dev/md1 followed by fsck.ext4 /dev/md1 totally worked
and there were only two inode count wrong error messages.

Thanks much for taking the time to help me! I really appreciate it.

Brian