raid6 recovered, but what went wrong?

Hi, everyone!
I have had about seven (7) days of profound musing about my data on LVM
on rai6 recovery.
It turned out to have been, rather likely, an issue with bad hardware
induced broken software raid. Linux software Raid 6.
I'm only making my conclusions due to overwhelming likelihood. I am no
expert. Just a user.
As a side interest, very much I would like to know whether my claims (on
hardware induced breakage), and there's even a video linked for that
purpose, are as probable as they seem to me.
But I wouldn't bother this list solely for that, no, pls. bear with me!
Further down as I went in my investigating of my system (there was more,
a few days earlier, but it's  related to hardware known to use, and
hardware to be checked by installing it on the known good (which is the
main reason for my claim that the  broken software raid is hardware
induced), and there is no need to delve into that in case that part of
my query would be rejected by the list, or ther would be no interest.
I am writing to this list predominantly related to my wish to understand
how and what exactly went wrong with the software raid, and that I
believe is clearly of interest to this list!
So, anyone who would like to give me, and possibly other readers, a tip
or two how to avoid hardware induced raid breakage, pls. have a look
from the start of this long three days worth of little sleep and doing
nothing else but recovery saga:

http://forum.cgsecurity.org/phpBB3/lvm2-on-raid6-partition-recovery-t80.html

And, the more appropriate question for the list:
what exactly went wrong with my raid6.
I almost lost nearly one quarter of my computing space, and I am oldish
and keep dozens and even hundreds of Gigabytes scattered around
belonging to different projects before I am done with them and archive them.

I managed to recover my data but I still find it hard believing that the
data is not gone.
I am greatly relieved now, and I only kept calm until now, mostly
because I didn't allow myself to contemplate on all the projects that
would be permanently lost for me if the system wasn't recovered.

I am, as well, so tired with it, that I couldn't muster my questions
more precisely at this time.
It's still been, with all the calmness, little sleep, much worry, and
hard concentrated caution, and that is a little unnerving experience.

I hope, for broaching of the matter, this could be sufficient, given
these circustances.
I could give a better query to the list in a few hours time, when I
recover myself a little better. It is a mild PTSP what would develop if
I ended up
losing months' worth of my data.

I also hope this could be of interest for the list, inasmuch as my
recovery possibly could have some points generally useful to take a look
at, for a software raid user.
Possibly.

Thank you most sincerely!
I truly hope to reach some lending ears over there!

Miroslav Rovis
Croati