Re: RAID6 ext3 problems

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>   In case you start laboring under a false perception, please
> understand I am _not_ a heavy hitter. :-)
>
>   OK, so those results raise two questions for me:
>
> 1) Was it intentional to use all of /dev/sde - I.e. - no partition ala
> sde1- or is that something strange that needs to be investigated?

Using sde instead of sde1 was a mistake I made a long time ago that I
had planned to fix, but a sudden need to relocate put off my plans to
fix it since it was working in the configuration it was in.

> 2) For the device that has been removed (possibly /dev/sdb1?) what do
> you get with an --examine command?

The drive that has been removed from the array has been physically
removed from the system, it is unplugged. It was flooding the system
log with error messages while plugged in.

> Also, you might try smartctl on the missing drive to investigate
> whether the internal electronics identified a problem.
>
> HTH,
> Mark

Thanks,
Jeff.