implications of partitioning and raid

I'm wondering what the implications are for having multiple raid sets on
a partitioned disk wrt to disk failures.

For example, suppose I create two partitions on a set of disks and
create raid sets on those partitions.  Further, not all raid sets
reference the same disks.  IOW, md0 references disks 1 and 2, and md1
references disk 1 and 3.  (overly simplistic for discussion purposes)

Assume a portion of disk 1 goes 'bad' (localized within one of those
partitions), is noticed by md and a rebuild is warranted.

What is the behavior?

Will both raid sets start a rebuild?  Or only the affected raid set?

IOW, would there be two rebuild tasks, one for each raid set?  Or a
single rebuild that encompasses all raid sets (within the same raid
level, of course) on the disk in question?

What I am getting at is whether there would be any advantage to
partitioning disks for failure purposes.

Thanks,
-PWM