Re: RAID5 alignment issues with 4K/AF drives (WD green ones)

No, those drives generally DON'T report 4k to the OS, even though they
are. If they were, there'd be fewer problems. They lie and say 512b
sectors for compatibility.

My only suggestion would be to experiment with various partitioning,
starting the first partition at 2048s or various points to see if you
can find a placement that aligns the partitions properly. I'm sure
there's an explanation, but I'm not in the mood to put on my thinking
hat to figure it out at the moment. May also be worth using a
different superblock version, as 1.2 is 4k from the start of the
drives, which might be messing with alignment (although I would expect
it on all arrays), worth trying the .9 which goes to the end of the
device.