Re: md metadata nightmare

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 1:11 PM, NeilBrown <neilb@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > 2
>> > which
>> > other
>> >
>> > It is done automatically.  When you use "--create", mdadm will zero any
>> > superblocks it finds of any format that it recognises, then write the new
>> > metadata it wants.
>> >
>> > I am still waiting for my replacement Hitachi drive. My RAID6
>> configuration is made up of a total of 5 drives and I am currently running
>> degraded (missing one drive).  Can I recreate this raid set, changing the
>> metadata version missing one drive or should I just be patient and wait for
>> the replacement to arrive?
>>
>> -- Ken Emerson
>
> Yes, you can re-create the raid set as degraded.
> When you list the devices in the "mdadm --create" command, use the word
> "missing" for the device which is missing.
>
> NeilBrown

So I finished my backup and attempted to recreate the array using:

root@mythtv:/home/ken# mdadm -C /dev/md3 --metadata=1.0 --chunk=64k
--level=6 --raid-devices=5 missing /dev/sdb4 /dev/sdc4 /dev/sda4
/dev/sdd4 --assume-clean

and received the error:

mdadm: invalid chunk/rounding value: 64k

What do I do now?

-- Ken E.