Ubuntu mdadm Raid and EFI

Hi,

After testing mdadm on virtual machines, I bought new hardware, as I thought I was ready... Well think again.

My HW setup is as follow:
Asus MB P8H67-I (with a Corei5 CPU)
8 GB Memory
6 x 3 TB WD HDD (AHCI mode in the BIOS)
OS: Ubuntu 11.04 x64 Server

My intended SW setup  is as follow:
md1 /boot on RAID1 6 HDD (250 MB x6)
md2 /swap on RAID1 6 HDD (32 GB x6)
md3 / on RAID5 6 HDD (3 TB x6)

First thing first, I followed the usual setup process, with one surprise, the boot flag did not hold in the md1 setup. Not a show stopper at this step. When trying to write the GRUB2 information I got stuck with the impossility to write the information.
Obviously I could not boot from the HDD after restart.

I then realized that this MB uses a BIOS EFI.
Since that's pretty new stuff for the PC world (not on the MAC side though), I am wondering how to mix EFI with RAID... ?

Any help will be more than welcome.

Dominique