Re: All kinds of things on RAID/mdadm

Martijn wrote:

Where do you think that important things, such as to 'how to organize failover' and questions like 'do I benifit from putting swap on a RAID char. device', should be documented? Is it the currently unreachable raid.wiki.kernel.org? Would it be better to provide the info that leads to the answers in the mdadm manual so that it is always available?

Are there any sources you would recommend reading if someone is interested in how mdadm/software-RAID 'works'? I'm not sure if RAID has an actual spec somewhere on which mdadm is based.

I'd like to echo this. The unavailability of raid.wiki.kernel.org (as well as the rest of *.wiki.kernel.org) is a rather critical outage.

I've been hard pressed to find any other definitive sources of information about md, btrfs, etc.

Anybody have some suggestions?

Miles Fidelman