Re: possibly silly question (raid failover)

Johannes Truschnigg wrote:
Hi Miles,

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 08:38:16PM -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:
Hi Folks,

I've been exploring various ways to build a "poor man's high
availability cluster."  Currently I'm running two nodes, using raid
on each box, running DRBD across the boxes, and running Xen virtual
machines on top of that.
[...]
while I do note that I don't answer your question at hand, I'm still inclined
to ask if you do know Ganeti (http://code.google.com/p/ganeti/) yet? It offers
pretty much everything you seem to want to have.

Actually I do know Ganeti, and it does NOT come close to what I'm suggesting:
- it supports migration but not auto-failover
- DRBD is the only mechanism it provides for replicating data across nodes - which limits migration to a 2-node pair