Re: PULL REQUEST - serious md/RAID10 bug in 3.1 when activating a hot-spare.

On 31/10/11 13:49, NeilBrown wrote:

G'day Neil,

Is that the issue I bumped up against here?

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.raid/35805

After looking closer I can confirm that making the indicated change
resolves this problem.

Yes, definitely the same problem.
It's a shame I didn't pay proper attention to that report at the time - I
think that was the day that the uSD in my phone died and I was somewhat
distracted trying to figure out how to rebuild the install from scratch :-(

Well, like I said in the original mail, no harm done and no urgency.I simply applied the patch, rebooted and added the drive. Job done and no hangover.

Those little flash devices don't seem to be as robust as we'd expect them to be. I've had several failures recently that can't be explained by early life, nor excessive wear. I just don't trust them anymore.