Re: MD devnode still present after 'remove' udev event, and mdadm reports 'does not appear to be active'

Thanks, Neil.
I experimented with --force switch, and I saw that when using this
switch it is possible to start the array, even though I am sure that
the data will be corrupted. Such as selecting stale drives (which have
been replaced previously etc.)
Can I have some indication that it is "relatively safe" to start the
array with --force?
For example, in the case of "dirty degraded", perhaps it might be
relatively safe.

What should I look at? The output of --examine? Or something else?

Thanks,
  Alex.